Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New edition of The Complex

After a lot of careful consideration (read: I decided this yesterday), I am going to release an updated version of The Complex.

Things to note:

1) I'm not entirely sure how this works with Amazon, but sometimes when I go to the "Manage my Kindle" page on the site, there are updated versions of some of the books that I've purchased. I'm HOPING this is what will happen. But to be very clear, I REALLY DO NOT WANT YOU TO PURCHASE A NEW COPY. This version will not be different enough to warrant that and you don't need to spend more money on me. All I'm doing is correcting any sentences that don't sound right to me, and adding some transitions here and there. Honestly, I think I'm a better writer than I was when I published The Complex, literally to the point that I read it and I cringe. So, I'm changing things that I don't like anymore. It's that simple.

2) I'm not deleting anything from the book. Everything that was once there is still going to be there.

3) I'm not adding any new scenes or anything like that--just some sentences here and there.

4) The main reason why I'm doing this is because I wanted to reread all 3 books before I finish writing the 4th one, and I really wanted there to be a unifying narrative voice. The 2nd and 3rd books in the series read as a unit to me, but they seem disjointed from the first book. Thus, I tweak.

Should be out this weekend!!!

-CZ

No comments:

Post a Comment